Have you ever
known a couple who have a fairy tale romance? A relationship that lets
you know happily ever after really does exist? A relationship that
gives you faith true love is a reality and not some empty promise our
parents gave us?
in above photo-1954) had that marriage. I say “had” because after 60+
years of wedded bliss my uncle passed on…a very sad day for my aunt
and entire family. I grew up spending endless summers with them and am
so grateful they were in my life. Wow how blessed I am to have gotten
to see true love first hand.
myself I sat my aunt down one day and asked her what she felt was the
secret to a long, happy and successful relationship. Here’s what she
had to say:
- Have fun together – really like each other – (makes sense…to be each others best friend)
- Overlook each others faults – (ouch, I wasn’t so good here…)
- Patience and understanding – (blew it again!)
- Never go to bed mad -( Wow did I suck at this one!)
- Good sense of humor ( right up my alley)
- Supportive – help each other when you’re down ( definitely gotta be there for each other)
- LOVE each other – and this is the bottom line – what everything stems from.
new relationship – think about this simple but sage advice from a woman
who was still madly in love with her husband after 60+ years of
marriage and feels their time together was not nearly enough to express